Admissions & Records | Office: SSC Building
Who can Register for Classes?
Each course offered by the Ventura County Community College District and its colleges is open to enrollment and participation by any person who has been admitted to the college and who meets the prerequisites to the class or program, unless specifically exempted by statute.
Search or browse the Schedule of Classes online.
When can I Register for Classes?
After you are accepted to Ventura College, you can check your registration appointment in your MyVCCCD portal under the Register/Pay tab you can also view the college Registration Calendar on our website.
- You are a continuing student if you have attended Ventura College in either of the last two semesters.
- You are a returning student if its been over a year since you last attended Ventura College.
- You are a new student if you have never attended Ventura College.
Registrations that require special paperwork, such as Dual Enrollment Students; students on Academic Dismissal; students requiring counselor permission for academic overload; and students requiring instructor permission for registration in restricted and directed studies classes register in person. All paperwork must be presented at the time of registration.
How do I Register for Classes?
Log on to your MyVCCCD portal to add or drop classes, search for open classes, update your mailing address, email address and phone number, access your grades, transcripts, financial aid information and the college catalog, complete a progress check toward your degree or transfer goal, and generate an enrollment verification.
- View the How to Register Online guide for step by step instructions.
In-person registration is available in Admissions & Records
- (805) 289-6457
- Office: Student Services Center (SSC)
Students with disabilities may contact the Educational Assistance Center (EAC) for support. Priority registration is available for qualified students with disabilities.
- (805) 289-6300
- Office: Administration Building (ADM) just south of the Student Services Center (SSC)
How do I know I got into all my classes?
Fees are due at the time of registration and must be paid promptly to finalize your registration and prevent holds being placed on your records and future registration privileges.
- Need assistance paying fees? Contact the Financial Aid office (805) 289-6369 for help applying for Financial Aid or the California Dream Act, or sign up for a payment plan in your MyVCCCD portal under the Register/Pay tab.
Print a copy of your Student Schedule/Bill to verify your registration in your MyVCCCD portal under the Register/Pay tab. Your Schedule/Bill provides the names of your instructors, days, times and locations of class meetings, and the deadline dates that apply to each class.
What if the class I want is full?
Students will have the option of placing themselves on a waitlist for closed classes. If a seat opens up, waitlisted students will automatically be registered in the class in order of their priority on the waitlist.
See Waitlist Information for Closed Classes for further information about the waitlist process.